CALL FOR PAPERS
October 15, 2020
You are cordially invited to submit a proposal to this year’s AAERI Annual Conference.
Proposals must be original, and must not have been published or presented at another professional meeting. All proposals will be peer-reviewed by professional scholars and may include completed research or research in progress.
Proposals should summarize the major objectives or focus, the theoretical perspective, research methods or techniques, data sources, results, conclusions, and educational or scientific significance of the work.
Proposals may be submitted in one of five presentation formats:
|Research Papers:||Completed data-based studies. Literature reviews, essays, position papers or extended presentations are encouraged in another format.|
|Discussion Groups:||Interactive sessions which stimulate participation, discussion, debate, and group interaction.|
|Symposia:||Integrated dialogues among 3 or more participants concerning a well-defined topic, scholarly review of issues and an opportunity to hear and engage in dialogue about cutting-edge research.|
|Round Tables:||Small group discussions intended for sharing information about research in progress, focused policy, practice, professional, and/or theoretical concerns.|
|Poster Sessions:||Presents work-in-progress which permits scholars with similar research interests to interact in collegial format.|
Papers in all formats will be evaluated according to criteria as follows:
- Significance of the problem or issue to the field
- Originality of the work
- Adequacy of the theoretical/conceptual framework
- Appropriateness of the mode of inquiry
- Rigor and accuracy of the analysis of the data
- Clarity of the written exposition of ideas, analyses, and arguments
- Reasonableness of stated conclusions and implications in light of findings and previous research
BE SURE THAT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE INCLUDED WITH EACH SUBMISSION:
- A cover sheet for each primary author/coauthor containing name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- A two-page double-spaced proposal, the presentation title, names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of all authors and co-authors.
- Conference and membership fees for presenters including all authors and co-authors
Cover Sheet and proposal should be sent electronically (Microsoft Word) to
firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed with fees (check, or money order) to:
c/o Dr. Doris Thompson
128 Castlewood Drive
Richmond, KY 40475